EVENT UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2020
2020 has been quite the challenging year for the St.Patrick’s Day events, but we are wading through it, knowing your sweaty faces are at the finish line! The Parade, The Leprechaun Fun Run, and the all-day-shenanigans we all love and enjoy will unfortunately not happen this year, as there is no safe way to do so. However, with much consideration, preparation, and with your cooperation we are excited to announce we will be rescheduling the (Half-Way) to St.Patty’s Day 5k for Saturday, September 26, 2020! This means that there will be lots of changes including the new name (Half-way to St.Patty’s Day 5k), COVID – 19 Safety Measures, no pre- or post- race activities; and an option for a virtual run.
It is crucial to your participation that you read, understand, print and sign, and comply with the following waivers and safety requirements!
2020 Half-Way to St.Patty's Day 5k
All participants must comply with these rules in order to participate with the Halfway to St. Patty’s Day 5K:
1. Masks will be required in the Check-in Area, Starting Areas, and the Finish Area
2. Symptom Surveys and Temperature Checks will be completed for all runners, volunteers, and race organizers
3. Ample space for social distancing will be provided in all areas and groups are not to exceed more than 10 people
4. Pre- and post- race activities will be eliminated to discourage crowd gathering
5. Increased sanitation and hygiene protocols will be in place
Please read the following resources to prepare for race day :
If you registered for the 5K for Saint Patrick’s Day that was postponed all the way back in March, we need you to:
• Decide whether you’d like to run in person or virtually and RSVP
• Look up your bib number here
• Read the safety information provided under the “Covid Protocols” tab
• Read and Sign the safety and social waivers
• WEAR A MASK SO WE CAN RUN IN MARCH!!!
Please note this race will be much different than what you are used to at the 5K for St. Patrick’s Day (i.e. start/ finish/course) and that’s why we are dubbing this event a different name (technically it’s “the Halfway to St. Patty’s Day 5K”)! We will also be staggering our start times and that will be based on your bib number (but you already knew that because you read through the info!)!
Want to see some Maps to get a peek at what’s different:
You can choose between the virtual run (September 20th- 30,2020) or the in person run on Saturday, September 26, 2020.
Starting times for the In-Person 5k will be staggered and will be dictated by your bib number:
Runners should arrive as follows:
Bib Nos 1-250 arrive at 7:30 am
Bib Nos 251-500 arrive at 7:45 am
Bib Nos 501-750 arrive at 8:00 am
Bib Nos 751-1000 arrive at 8:15 am
Bib Nos 1000-1250 arrive at 8:30 am
Bib Nos 1251-1500 arrive at 8:45 am
If running in person is too much, or you can’t make the new date we encourage you to run virtually. You can run the 5k of your choice between the date of Sept. 20-30, 2020. We will have a results form that will go live September 20, 2020. Please record your results and check back here for results!